How to apply
an incident template
You can apply a template to an existing incident. The advantage of a template is that you can add standardized information quickly when an incident meets certain criteria. Example: A critical incident template can quickly set the business impact, urgency, assignment group, and more in a new incident.
- From the main menu, select Run > Incident > Incidents. Service Management displays a list of all incidents.
- Select the incident record that you want to standardize with a template. Click the record identifier in the ID column to display the selected record.
- Click Apply template on the toolbar. Service Management displays a dialog that contains a list of existing templates.
- Choose the appropriate template.
- Click Apply template. Service Management populates the fields in the current record with the values from the template fields.
- Click Save on the toolbar.
After you apply a template to a record and save the record, there is no further relationship with the template. You can delete the template without affecting the values in the saved record.