How to configure a remote CMS
Your Configuration Management System (CMS) is the database where you manage device information. If you are a Service Asset and Configuration Management administrator, follow these steps to configure an external CMS.
To configure a remote CMS:
- From the main menu, select Build > Service Asset & Configuration.
- Click the SACM configuration link in the upper right corner. Service Management displays a pop-up window.
- To permit users to generate a remote desktop connection from Service Management, select the Enable RDP check box. When you select this option, Service Management displays a Remote Connection button at the top of each form.
- To permit users to navigate to an external CMS, select the Enable UCMDB browser check box. When you select this option, Service Management displays an Open in UCMDB browser button at the top of each SACM record page.
- If you select the Enable UCMDB browser check box, you are prompted to enter the location of the external CMS in the UCMDB browser URL text box.
- To model your services using the UCMDB browser, click the Download modeling template link to download the modeling template package. Save the package locally and deploy it in the UCMDB Package Manager.
- Click Save. When you configure these settings, they apply to all users.
The configuration settings take effect as soon as Service Management refreshes the settings cache. You might experience a delay of up to an hour before the cache is refreshed.